Christmas Wreath DIY
Today, Emma (the DIY queen here at Anna + Nina) is hosting a wreath making class for us over at HQ. In true Anna + Nina style we’ve created a step by step guide so that you too can create your very own Christmas master piece! With such a pretty wreath on your door, we are sure Santa will treat you well this year.
First stop: A flower shop/market! Our tip: go crazy - we went for berries, colourful flowers, and different types of evergreen (any greenery will do, we actually cut a few branches from our own Christmas trees, and eucalyptus also works great!)
- wreath base
- Floral wire
- Wire cutter
- Ribbon or twine
- Scissors (or something a little more professional to cut your flowers haha)
- Oranges (and an oven)
- A good table/empty surface (like your floor) because it takes up a lot of space!
Start with the base. Lay your greenery on top and use the wire to secure the pieces. Wrap the wire around the base, and make sure it’s secure and tight. Make sure you switch it around in between securing the pieces, just to check!
After a while you should have something like this! Best thing is to go in the same direction
- Preheat the oven on 100 degrees Celsius
- Cut the oranges in approx. 1.5cm slices
- Dry them a bit already before baking
- Lay a baking tray with a baking sheet and put the oranges on the tray
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours
- Turn the orange slices every 30 minutes so they dry evenly
- Enjoy the smell for the rest of the week!
Keep adding the berries, flowers, and any other greenery. Also use the wire to secure the dried oranges.
Pick the ribbon/twine you’d like to use to hang the wreath and secure with a cute bow!